Library Research Workshops
Library research workshops are designed to introduce students to the library and help them find and use information.
Library Instruction: 2015-2016
Research Fundamentals Workshop:
- August 25-September 3, 2015
- For Freshmen and Transfers
- In this collaborative workshop with the Writing Center, the library component will teach students how to use the library’s website and resources.
- These out-of-class workshops will be held in the library's Millsaps Room or the Library Computer Lab.
- Students will learn how to use the library's search engine, Big Search, and other library resources.
- September 14-November 10, 2015
- The Millsaps College Library offers 30-minute workshops to help students better utilize library resources.
- Workshop topics include finding books and journals, advanced searching, and using library databases.
- Workshops will be held in the new Library Computer Lab on alternating Mondays at 4:00 p.m. and Tuesdays at 11:40 a.m.
- These workshops are open to all students, but you must sign up first.
- Follow this link to sign up: Sign Up Form
Faculty members: Contact us to schedule a library tour, in-class presentation, library research session, or workshop tailored to course needs and/or assignments. To request a library instruction session, e-mail us at:email@example.com