Interlibrary Loan Requests
If you are a member of the Millsaps Community and cannot locate a book or article
in the library, you may request the item through Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
Interlibrary Loan is available only to Millsaps College faculty, students, staff,
and other registered borrowers.
- No more than ten active requests will be processed for each library user at a time.
- Please verify that the Millsaps-Wilson Library does not own the requested item by
first searching in Big Search, the Catalog, and/or the Journals search box.
- Provide complete citations to help expedite the ILL process.
Click on a link below to fill out the appropriate ILL form:
- Book Request Form
- Note: Book requests usually take 1-2 weeks to arrive but may take longer.
By submitting requests, you agree to:
- Follow the Copyright Law of the United States, and agree not to exceed the "fair use"
of a copyrighted work. Please see the Copyright Notice section below.
- Accept responsibility for monitoring your e-mail.
- Accept and follow the policies. Please see the Interlibrary Loan Policies section
- Accept responsibility for any overdue or replacement fees. Fines are $1/day for late
Millsaps-Wilson Library Interlibrary Loan Policies:
- No more than ten active requests will be processed for each patron at a time.
- In most cases, ILL requests will be fulfilled at no cost to faculty, students, or
- In cases when fees are charged by another institution, library users are responsible
- If you lose an ILL item, please contact email@example.com so we can make arrangements for payment with the lending institution.
- When filling out ILL forms online, indicate the maximum cost you are willing to pay
for materials. Fees must be paid before items are requested from lending institutions.
- If you request a thesis or dissertation that is not available from another library,
you will be charged a fee.
Processing/Checkout Time and Renewals:
- Books loaned to Millsaps via ILL usually take 1-2 weeks to arrive but may take longer.
Articles and book chapters usually take 2-4 days to arrive but may take longer. Please
plan your research with these times in mind.
- The checkout period is determined by the lending library. Usually, the checkout period
is 3-4 weeks. Library users receive an email when material requested becomes available.
- If you would like to renew an ILL book or item, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your request.
- The due date will be listed on the cover of your item. Late fees are $1/day.
I agree to follow the Copyright Law of the United States, and agree not to exceed
the "fair use" of a copyrighted work.
NOTICE: WARNING CONCERNING COPYRIGHT RESTRICTIONS The Copyright Law of the United
States (Title 17, U. S.Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions
of copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries
and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of the
specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for
any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If a user makes a
request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of
"fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement. This institution reserves
the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of
the order would involve violation of copyright law.