Head Men's Basketball Coach
The Head Men's Basketball Coach is responsible for the overall success of the men's basketball program including successful student-athlete recruiting, academic oversight, financial management, and alumni development. The Head Men's Basketball Coach reports directly to the Director of Athletics.
- Successfully evaluate and recruit high school and college athletes within college admissions and NCAA Division III guidelines;
- Embrace NCAA Division III philosophy emphasizing balance between academics and athletics;
- Coordinate information exchanges with conference and non-conference opponents to include scheduling non-conference games;
- Oversee on-court coaching and development of basketball related skills and techniques;
- Manage and oversee all men's assistant basketball coaches;
- Coordinate and plan practice sessions during both traditional and non-traditional segments;
- Monitor academic progress of all men's basketball student-athletes;
- Coordinate team and staff recruiting travel, including vehicles, lodging, and meals;
- Oversee fund-raising programs that augment operations budget;
- Maintain and cultivate parent and alumnae relationships;
- Manage and maintain men's basketball equipment inventory;
- Manage and balance yearly program budget;
- Accept additional duties assigned by the Athletics Director.
- Comply with all NCAA Division III, Southern Athletics Association (SAA), and Millsaps College guidelines;
- Actively pursue community service activities for men's basketball team and staff;
- Participate in various other areas of interest for the College and Department of Athletics.
- Bachelor's degree in related field required; Masters preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of successful College/High School coaching experience; Division III experience preferred.
- Eligibility for employment is contingent upon successful completion of background screening.
Applicants should submit a current resume, a letter of interest and three references who may be contacted about the candidate's experience and past performance. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Materials should be submitted via email to Aaron Pelch, Athletic Director, at Aaron.Pelch@millsaps.edu. Please write "Head Men's Basketball Position" in the subject line of the email.
Millsaps College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Millsaps College to offer equal educational and employment opportunities to all persons without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Eligibility for employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.