To log in use the following direct links:
Non-exempt hourly employees are required to have a record of hours worked in order for the college to be in compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Non-exempt employees include all employees who are eligible for overtime or compensatory time pursuant to the FLSA.
The following regulations will apply when using the web clock and/or Timeclock Plus mobile app:
- Employees are required to clock in at their assigned start time and designated work station, and must clock out when they go off duty. Employees are expected to complete their assigned shift.
- Clocking in and out for other employees is strictly prohibited and grounds for disciplinary action including termination.
- Habitually clocking in consistently late and clocking out early could result in disciplinary action by the supervisor. A pattern of clocking in late could be considered an issue of tardiness that can result in disciplinary action.
- Employees must begin working at their schedule time once they are clocked in. In event of a circumstance that the employee is not able to clock in (i.e., the time clock is not working, unable to log into your desktop, etc.) the employee must notify the supervisor immediately by email, phone, verbally, etc., and begin their daily task.
- Employees are required to clock out any time they leave the work site for any reason other than assigned work duties. This does not include designated break times, restroom breaks, or department supported events.
- Employees must clock in and out for lunch break every day, unless otherwise directed by their supervisor in writing.
- The mobile app may be used to clock in or out as approved by the supervisor.
- Time recorded in the time and attendance system by hourly employees will be the work time paid. Hourly employees who have worked in excess of 40 hours per workweek will be paid 1.5 times for any hours worked over 40 hours in a workweek.
- Employees must review and approve hours weekly and no later than close of pay period. It is recommended that you approve hours daily to ensure accuracy.
- Any adjustments to the recorded time must be approved by the employee’s supervisor and made in TimeClock Plus (documented with a note in TCP) or with a Timesheet Adjustment Form.
- The work week is Sunday through Saturday. Employees must approve their time for the previous week every Monday by 9 a.m., with supervisors’ approval completed by noon.
- Employees are required to approve their own time, except in extenuating circumstances. Notes must be entered documenting the circumstances when a supervisor approves an employee’s time and attendance record.
- Employees, timekeepers, and supervisors are required to abide by the Millsaps College Information Technology Acceptable Use Policy. Specifically, users must use their own login ID and password. Access to any Millsaps’ IT system using another user’s logon credentials is fraudulent and may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
BACK to TOP
Mobile App Instructions
The TimeClock Plus v7 App is available for iPhones and Androids. There is not a version that works with Windows phones.
Read more about the mobile app and how to use it.
BACK to TOP
What is changing for you?
- No Paper Time Cards!
- It is imperative that you complete and submit a Student Employment Action form to payroll as soon as you hire a student worker.
- Please allow 10 days between your hire date and the start date. Students should not begin work until payroll has been notified and a time keeping record has been established for them in TimeClock Plus (TCP).
- The Student Employment Action form should have the correct hourly rate for your position. Rates will not change mid-year. Hourly rates must adhere to the Student Employment Pay Tier.
- Define and communicate to each employee the time clock, designated work station (WebClock), or mobile app they should use to record their time.
- Correct employees’ incorrect entries and/or missed punches. Employees will need to approve or re-approve any corrections. It is your responsibility to ensure that the time record is accurate and approved by the employees before you validate it.
- View and approve employees’ time reports for the previous week in the manager dashboard by noon on Mondays.
- Remember, non-exempt and hourly employees should not record more than 40 hours per work week (Sun. – Sat.), unless you have given specific authorization for them to work overtime. Employees who record over 40 hours per work week must be compensated for that time. ***This will become more apparent with TCP. Students working more than one job on-campus may incur overtime. Overtime is not allowed and will need to be addressed.
Submit your manager approval after employees have submitted their approval. Also, only approve an employee’s timesheet for them when extenuating circumstances exist. It is highly recommended that you utilize the notes feature in the dashboard to document why you are approving the employee’s timesheet.
- Utilize the resources available on the manager’s dashboard daily and address timekeeping issues immediately (i.e., identifying missed punches, employees that are not entering time daily, or those that may be approaching overtime status).
- Prevent the manager’s dashboard from timing out, as follows: Click My Options in the menu under your name (top right of screen); expand the Options menu; select Keep me logged in to each application; click Save. If you change this option please ensure you log out each time you step away from your work area.
BACK to TOP
Trouble logging in?
New hire questions?
Contact Human Resources at Carla.Sarkady@millsaps.edu
BACK to TOP