2023 APSI Registration opens February 1, 2023
Millsaps College, in cooperation with the College Board, is pleased to offer two Advanced Placement®
Summer Institutes in the summer of 2023; one online in June and one in-person on our beautiful campus in July, for new and experienced high school teachers currently teaching or preparing to teach AP®
Participants will enjoy four days of hands-on instruction, exploring the latest methods and curriculum topics* in Advanced Placement® education, concluding their experience with a renewed level of enthusiasm for the AP® program; equipped with new ideas and resources for use in their classrooms.
*Pre-AP® topics or middle school–level subjects will not be covered.
2023 APSI Dates
While professional development is not required to prepare for 2023 AP® course updates and new classroom resources, the College Board encourages all AP® teachers to take advantage of any professional development offered by AP®.
Teachers who plan to attend any AP® Summer Institute should be able to:
- Understand the Course
- The course framework defines the scope of the course and specifies what students must know and do to be successful on the AP® Exam.
- Plan the Course
- Sequencing, pacing, and scaffolding are essential for building students’ understanding and their ability to transfer and apply knowledge and skills.
- Teach the Course
- Effective instructional strategies help students to develop mastery of course content and skills over time.
- Assess Student Progress and Understanding
- Learning requires time, practice, and regular feedback.
Following are AP® courses being offered in both 2023 APSI’s here at Millsaps. To confirm and see assigned instructors, please check our website for each institute through College Board.
- AP® Biology
- AP® Calculus AB
- AP® Chemistry
- AP® Economics – Macro (online only)
- AP® English Language & Composition
- AP® English Literature & Composition
- AP®Pre-Calculus (online only)
- AP® Physics 1
- AP® US History
- AP® US Government & Politics
- AP® World History: Modern
Each institute is four days. Online is Tuesday, June 20 through Friday, June 23, 2023; in-person is Monday, July 10 through Thursday, July 13, 2023
7:30 – 8:00 a.m. – Technology* Check-in (for online) and Classroom Arrival (for in-person)
8:00 – 12:00 p.m. – Instruction Time (includes a 15 min mid-morning break)
12:00 – 1:00 p.m. – Lunch Break (Online – lunch is on your own; In-Person – Lunch is provided in campus cafeteria)
1:00 – 5:00 p.m. – Instruction Time (includes a 15 min mid-afternoon break)
*Technology troubleshooting will be available to registered online participants on Sunday, June 19 on an as needed basis. Times should be scheduled individually and requested via email at APSI@millsaps.edu.
Online – Tuesday, June 20 through Friday, June 23, 2023
$575 per participant (+ $50 lab fee for some courses)
In-Person – Monday, July 10 through Thursday, July 13, 2023
$600 per participant (+ $50 lab fee for some courses)
- Cost of instruction
- All materials
- Refreshments during breaks (In-person only)
- Lunch, Monday through Thursday (In-person only)
Registration for the Millsaps 2023 APSI is online. Click the link below to view subject sessions and complete registration for the APSI you would like to attend.
APSI Online Sessions
APSI In-Person Sessions
For questions or more information, please contact us via email at APSI@millsaps.edu.
Advanced Placement Summer Institute
1701 North State Street
Jackson, MS 39210
* Millsaps AP® Summer Institute is in co-sponsorship with the College Board’s Southern Regional Office. Advanced Placement® and AP® are registered trademarks of the College Board and have been used with permission.