Get ready to become an official Millsaps Major!
Millsaps College students are part of a vibrant academic community in a city that supports research, internships and community engaged learning with opportunities to see the world through our international programs. We are ready to welcome you!
Below are some next steps to complete the admission and enrollment process. For more information, contact Katie Sorey, Student Life Coordinator for Inclusion and Involvement, at email@example.com or Rhett Sapough, Director of Admission, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are your next steps:
- Make your deposit. The first step to secure your spot at Millsaps is submitting a $250 deposit, quickly and securely online. Some of the steps below will only be possible after you have submitted your deposit.
- Immigration Documents: It is very important to ensure that you have the proper entry clearance for entering and studying in the U.S (F-1/J-1 visa, I-20 or DS 2019, or U.S. passport). Apply for your F1 visa in plenty of time so that you are not delayed in travelling to the U.S. in time for orientation and classes. If you have questions about the immigration process contact Katie Sorey, DSO, at email@example.com. Read more detailed steps on obtaining your I-20 from Millsaps College and applying for an F1 student visa.U.S. Citizens Only: If you are a U.S. Citizen, you may qualify for financial aid. In order to be considered for all possible scholarships and financial aid, U.S. Citizens should submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and list Millsaps College using Federal School Code 002414.
- Be sure to review your financial aid package, and explore all the ways Millsaps helps you afford a world-class education, including payment options, and contact your counselor with questions.
- Housing: Complete a housing application for students entering fall 2021 to ensure your place on campus. If you’re planning to live on campus, you’ll want to get more details about residence life. Don’t worry—on-campus housing is guaranteed at Millsaps! All students classified by credit units as freshmen or sophomores are required to live in College residence halls. Exceptions to this policy may be granted if the student is married or lives with immediate family in the Jackson area. Housing assignment notifications will begin being released on June 1.Please note—Housing is provided for contracted periods when facilities are open to all students. During official campus closures over winter break, and summer sessions, students must request approval to stay on campus for a fee of $40 per day. There is no fee to stay on campus during Fall Break, Thanksgiving Break, or Spring Break. Students registered for summer school receive a discounted monthly rate on campus housing. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information about summer housing rates.
- Registration for arrival and international orientation will open on March 15. Book your arrival to Jackson, Mississippi, and plan to move into your Millsaps housing on Wednesday, August 18, 2021. Check-in will not be available outside of that date. If you and your family plan to arrive earlier, please view our visit pages and contact us for tips about getting around Jackson and where to stay.
- Academic Advising and Registration: The faculty and staff of Millsaps College believe that sound advising of students regarding their academic program is an integral part of our educational mission. Find out more about how to plan your academic program at Millsaps College. During the summer before you arrive, a Millsaps academic advisor will contact you by e-mail to schedule an advising session via Skype, web chat or phone to pre-register you for Fall classes.
- Health Insurance: All F-1 international students and U.S. citizens coming from abroad that do not have established U.S. insurance policies are required to have the Millsaps College health insurance policy, International Student Protection, while enrolled. You will automatically be enrolled and billed through the Business Office along with tuition and fees for International Student Protection’s Trailblazer Plan (Pioneer Plan for Athletes). You will receive your insurance card in early August, along with a summary of your plan. Please review the policy information and discuss with your family if you require additional coverage before arriving at Millsaps. The U.S. healthcare system is likely very different from healthcare and insurance in your home country—including more out-of-pocket expenses.
- Please note: if you are an international student who is also a U.S. Citizen, you are ineligible for the International Student Protection (ISP) plan but must still provide proof of health insurance coverage.
Important Deadlines and Dates for International Students
June 1 to July 1, 2021
Register for fall classes with Jenni Lewton-Yates (We will email you to set up a registration meeting).
June 1, 2021
Submit the International Student Pre-Arrival Form—Form will be available beginning March 15.
June 1, 2021
Submit a Housing Application
July 15, 2021
Finalize tuition/fee payments with Business Office
July 25, 2021
Order bedding and supplies for delivery to residence hall room (optional)
August 18, 2021
Arrive on campus/Move into residence halls
August 19–21, 2021
International Student Orientation
August 23, 2021
Fall classes begin
October 8, 2021
Fall/Mid Semester Break
November 22–November 26, 2021
Thanksgiving holidays (Residence halls close)
December 14, 2021–January 8, 2022
(Residence halls close)
January 10, 2022
Spring classes begin
March 11–20, 2022
Spring break (Residence halls close)
May 3, 2021
Residence halls close
* Please refer to the full Millsaps Academic Calendar for complete details.
Shipping Dorm Room Items
To ship anything except linens and bedding
If you are planning to ship or order items in advance of your arrival, please have items shipped to Millsaps as follows below. You will receive your post office key and pick up these items in the Bookstore upon arrival.
New International Student (ISO)
1701 N. State Street
Jackson, MS 39210
To ship linens and bedding
Please ship as follows so we can have your dorm room ready when you arrive on campus:
New International Student (ISO)
Attention: Katie Sorey
1701 N. State Street
Jackson, MS, 39210
DormCo is an economical one-stop shop designed for student linens and other dorm room items. You can order online and send items to campus for a small shipping fee. Other sites that will also ship to campus: www.amazon.com and www.walmart.com
NOTE: Linens and bedding should arrive at Millsaps no later than August 10 to ensure we have your rooms ready upon arrival.
Please Be Sure to Fill Out These Forms!
- Housing Application
- Complete the I-20 Request Form—the first step toward acquiring your I-20 immigration document.
- Read about student privacy and fill out forms, if applicable.
- Financial Responsibility Agreement (PDF) Please email to the Business Office at email@example.com no later than August 1, 2021.
- Health and Immunization Form (PDF) – Return the forms to firstname.lastname@example.org and advise Nurse Landwirth if you have any questions or concerns about caring for your health in the U.S. Please note: Mississippi state law now requires all international students to take the Tuberculosis (TB) vaccine upon arrival in the US. Transportation to the State Health Department will be provided during orientation.
- Request your school official to send your final high school transcript and/or exams to email@example.com or via SENDedu. SAT/ACT official scores also must be received before you enroll. Your transcript must be received and be consistent with your academic performance at the time of admission for your enrollment to be validated.