The Office of Records is the primary contact for military education benefits. Please review the information below and let us know if you have any questions. The designated person to serve as the point of contact for service members at Millsaps College is Susan Springer. She is our School Certifying Official (SCO). She may be contacted via phone at 601.974.1120, via email at email@example.com, or in the Academic Complex room 142.
Types of VA Education Benefits/Comparison Charges/Payment Rates
There are various types of VA education benefits and veterans may be eligible for several different programs. You can find information about each program on the FA website at https://benefits.va.gov/GIBILL/comparison_chart.asp.
Military Tuition Assistance is a benefit paid to eligible members of the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard. Each service has its own criteria for eligibility, obligated service, application process, and restrictions. For more information about these programs go to https://www.military.com/education/money-for-school/tuition-assistance-ta-program-overview.html.
The Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) is a college program offered at more than 1,700 colleges and universities across the United States. ROTC college financial assistance is offered through the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, and Air Force. More information about each military branch ROTC program is available at https://www.todaysmilitary.com/education-training/rotc-programs.
Can I be eligible for two or more education benefits?
Yes; however, you may only receive payments for one program at a time. You can receive a maximum of 48 months of benefits under any combination of VA education programs in which qualified.
Which chapter should I choose?
See benefit comparison chart here: http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/comparison_tool.asp
Veterans wanting to use their VA educational benefits for the first time should apply online at http://www.va.gov/education/how-to-apply/ and complete a Form 22-1990, Application for Educational Benefits, to receive a Certificate of Eligibility.
If educational benefits have previously been used, complete a Form 22-1995, Change of Program of Place of Training, online at http://www.va.gov/education/how-to-apply/ to receive a Certificate of Eligibility.
After your application to the VA, please submit the following items to the Millsaps College Office of Records:
- Copy of submitted 22-1990 or 22-1995
- Certificate of Eligibility (required—Millsaps must have)
- Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD-214)
Please keep copies of all applications for your records.
- College Scorecard on Millsaps College: https://collegescorecard.ed.gov/school/?175980-Millsaps-College
- College Navigator on Millsaps College: http://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/?q=millsaps+college&s=all&id=175980
- The College Financing Plan: http://www2.ed.gov/policy/highered/guid/aid-offer/index.html
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s Paying for College: http://www.consumerfinance.gov/paying-for-college/
- G.I. Bill Comparison Tool: https://www.vets.gov/gi-bill-comparison-tool
- Federal Student Aid for Military: http://www.finaid.org/military/fafsa.phtml
- U.S. Department of Veteran’s Affairs: http://www.va.gov/
- W.A.V.E.—Web Automated Verification of Enrollment: http://www.gibill.va.gov/wave/index.do
- Verify your school attendance: https://www.goarmyed.com
- College Catalog which includes transfer credit policies, academic residency policies, degree requirements, drop/add/withdraw procedures, and the College’s refund policy
- Tuition and Fees
- Course Enrollment Information
- Financial Aid
Readmit: Millsaps allows service members and reservists to be readmitted to a program if they are temporarily unavailable to attend class or have to suspend their studies due to service requirements. This is also applicable to those service members that are temporarily unable to attend class for less than 30 days within a semester due to a Military service obligation, and when such absence results in a withdrawal under institution policies.
The designated person to serve as the point of contact for service members at Millsaps College is Vicki Stuart. She is our School Certifying Official (SCO). She may be contacted via phone at 601.974.1125, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or in the Academic Complex room 142. If service member students have other questions, please see contacts below.
- For academic advising, please see Dr. Jennifer Lewton-Yates, Director of Academic Advising and Student Support.
Office: John Stone Hall 201
- For financial advising, please see Isabelle E. Higbee, Director of Financial Aid.
Office: Sanders 212
- For disability counseling, please see Katie Sorey in Student Life.
Office: Boyd Campbell College Center 319
- For help with job search, please see Ryan Colvin in the Center for Career Education.
Office: Boyd Campbell College Center 309
- For student support services, please see Dean of Students, Megan James.
Office: Boyd Campbell College Center 338
- For help with student accounts or billing, please see Sharon Beasley, Business Office.
Office: Academic Complex 144