Making the decision to continue your education and advance your career is a significant one, and one that involves both time and financial investment. Millsaps is committed to helping you navigate through the process of applying for financial aid, both federal and state, and loans, grants, and scholarships. Contact us to get started!
Academic Year 2020-2021
|MBA/MAcc Tuition||$982/graduate hour|
|Comprehensive Fee||$20/graduate hour|
|Note: Most graduate courses are 3 hours.|
|Executive MBA Tuition||$55,000 (full program)|
Estimated expenses for full-time MBA and MAcc graduate students (based on full-time enrollment of 12 hours per semester) during the 2020–2021 school year are:
- Tuition and fees—$24,048.
- Living expenses (approximate)—$16,126.
Annual Application Process for Scholarships and Loans
Annual applications are required for processing of graduate scholarships and/or loans at Millsaps. Please complete this information as accurately as possible and return the signed application to the Office of Financial Aid. The standard application is used for fall and spring academic terms. Use the separate applications for Winter session and Summer term scholarships and loans. The Financial Aid application process includes the following steps:
- Complete Admission credentials for the Else School of Management. Financial aid awards will be made only to students who have been accepted for admission.
- Submit the appropriate application for Graduate Financial Aid with accurate projections of hours to the Office of Financial Aid. Submit the 2020–2021 Application for Graduate Scholarships and Federal Direct Loans for the fall 2020 and spring 2021 terms. Submit the Graduate Application for Financial Aid for the summer 2021 term if appropriate. Submit the Application for Financial Aid for the 2020-2021 winter term if appropriate.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at http://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa. This is required only for Federal Direct Loans. Submit the 2020–2021 FAFSA to apply for aid for academic terms from fall 2020 through summer 2021. Students may request an FSA ID at https://fsaid.ed.gov to use as an electronic signature on the FAFSA.
- Complete a Master Promissory Note for Federal Direct Loan. If you did not have a loan at Millsaps during the prior academic year, log on to http://www.studentloans.gov/mpn/ with your FSA ID and complete the appropriate Master Promissory Note. Unsubsidized loans and graduate PLUS loans require separate Master Promissory Notes.
- Complete online entrance counseling for Federal Direct Loan. If you have not previously received a Direct Loan at Millsaps College, log on to https://studentaid.gov/app/counselingInstructions.action?counselingType=entrance with your FSA ID and complete online entrance counseling.
Scholarship Awards are made to graduate students who show an exceptional ability to succeed in the graduate business program. For detailed information, contact the Office of Graduate Admissions, 601.974.1253, or email email@example.com. The scholarships available to graduate business students are described below.
Coca-Cola Minority Scholarships
Each year 1 to 3 candidates are selected to receive this endowed scholarship. The award is based on merit and academic promise.
The Coggin Scholarship is the largest scholarship awarded to an MBA student. Each year, one candidate is chosen based on exceptional aptitude for graduate business study, involvement in college and community activities, and GMAT scores. The applicant is also asked to write an essay and participate in an interview process.
This award is made to entering students who have exhibited outstanding leadership credentials. While the candidate’s academic record is considered, significant weight is placed on exemplary service to the academic, civic, or business community.
Charles and Eloise Else have endowed graduate business scholarships for the top scholars, awarded on the basis of merit. This prestigious award is made to promising scholars who display the highest degree of scholastic aptitude.
Each year this scholarship is given to the Millsaps undergraduate student who is continuing into the Else School MBA or MAcc program.
This scholarship is awarded to a female MBA student with a liberal arts background who has shown strong academic achievement and potential.
Scott Schild Endowed Scholarship
This award is given each year to a student showing interest in participating in the Summer European Program offered by the Else School of Management.
Many companies will reimburse tuition in whole or in part to an employee who successfully completes courses that bear a relationship to his/her job. Contact your personnel or employee training office to learn your company’s policy.
Federal Direct Loans
Any graduate student who is enrolled for six or more semester hours during a term is eligible to apply for Federal Direct Loans. These loans require submission of a FAFSA and have both annual and lifetime aggregate limits. They may include unsubsidized loans and graduate PLUS loans.
Student Alternative Loans
To fill the gap between financial aid and cost of attendance, graduate students may pursue Alternative Loan Funding.