Updated February 16, 2021
Dear students, faculty and staff:
The college’s emergency management team continues to monitor the weather as a hard freeze warning remains in effect for our area until noon on Wednesday, February 17. Outdoor conditions on campus remain hazardous as many walkways and sidewalks are icy. Please take great care when going outside and only leave your residence hall room when necessary.
Please make note of the following important updates:
- The college cafeteria will remain open today (Tuesday, February 16) until 2:00 p.m. and will include grab-and-go options for both dinner tonight and breakfast Wednesday morning. The cafeteria will re-open Wednesday, February 17 at 10:30 a.m. through 2:00 p.m. Grab and go options will be available for Wednesday’s evening meal at that time.
- All classes, including evening classes, will be held remotely tomorrow, Wednesday, February 17. Professors will communicate directly with their students regarding virtual class details.
- Campus buildings may begin to experience a drop in water pressure due to freezing temperatures. Students are asked to conserve water as much as possible, including limiting the amount of time water is on, taking brief showers and not using laundry facilities.
- Please only use the restrooms on the lower levels of all buildings to assist in conservation of water pressure.
- Drinking water will be made available on campus if necessary. Additional information about water on campus will be sent shortly in a separate email.
- Only essential staff are required to report to campus tomorrow, Wednesday, February 17. Essential staff are asked to exercise caution when traveling and to contact supervisors with questions regarding on-campus operations.
- All other staff are required to work remotely on Wednesday, February 17.
Please be reminded that power outages and tree damage are possible due to ice and gusty winds. Please conserve heat as much as possible by keeping doors closed and your heating unit fan on. Take extreme care when traversing campus and only venture outdoors when absolutely necessary. Keep all electronic devices charged and locate flashlights, blankets and other warm clothes. As a reminder, candles are not permitted.
The college’s emergency management team will continue to monitor the situation and will update the community as details develop. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. In case of an emergency call Campus Safety at 601-974-1234.