General Information

If you have questions, please contact Human Resources at, or in the Academic Complex, Room 105.

Employee Information Overview

Dental and Vision Benefits

Medical Benefits

Tuition Benefits

YMCA Membership Benefit

Campus Conduct

Long-Term Disability Insurance

Standard Life Insurance

Cafeteria Plan

Tax Information


Financial Aid for Employees

Millsaps College Employee Tuition Exchange Benefit

Immediately upon hire, all benefit eligible staff employees, or their spouses, who are interested in pursuing subjects for personal growth and development may take one undergraduate course per semester with tuition waived. This waiver does not include comprehensive fees, private music lessons, room or board.

After three consecutive years of service, reduced tuition for undergraduate course work at the College is available to full-time regular staff employees, and proportionately to eligible part-time regular staff employees, for themselves, their spouses, and their dependent children. The cost is $20 per undergraduate credit hour up to a maximum of $300 per semester. Comprehensive fees, private music lessons, room and board are charged at their usual rates.

Tuition Remission for graduate courses will be equivalent to one-half the normal rate per graduate hour for a maximum of two (2) courses or six (6) graduate hours per semester. All other fees related to graduate enrollment will be charged as stated in the college catalog. Eligibility for Tuition Remission is limited to regular, full-time faculty and staff members and college officers with at least one year of service. Spouses, children or other dependents are not eligible for graduate tuition assistance.

Millsaps participates in three tuition exchange programs. Children of eligible Millsaps employees may attend participating colleges situated throughout the nation on a full or partial undergraduate tuition scholarship.

For information about the College benefit eligibility, contact Isabelle Higbee.

For information about the participating schools, you may visit the websites of the Associated Colleges of the South, The Tuition Exchange or The Council of Independent Colleges.

How to Apply

During the fall semester of the child’s senior year in high school, complete the Millsaps College Request for Tuition Exchange Form and send to the Office of Financial Aid.

Employee Discounts

The following local businesses offer discounts to Millsaps employees. Please contact them for details. Have your Millsaps identification card ready to present in order to receive your discount. (Need a new identification card? Visit Campus Safety in the New South building.)

If you know of other businesses which offer discounts, please contact Trish Bruce, and we will add to this list.