The Data and Gift Processing Specialist is responsible for collecting information, maintaining digital records and filing systems, and reviewing data for completeness and accuracy. This person also ensures efficiencies and quality in stewardship of gifts. As part of the Advancement Services team, the responsibilities of this job are central to the effectiveness of fund raising and alumni engagement efforts at Millsaps College. This position is full-time equivalent and may, on occasion, require evening and weekend work.
- Provide daily data entry / record maintenance including but not limited to demographics, contact information, relation updates/changes; obituary search for Millsaps relations, record updates, and notification to staff; hand key parent information and other projects as assigned.
- Provide data entry for major/planned gift/annual leadership gift prospect assignments and management.
- Assist with prospect research management data entry.
- Assist in managing Student employees and overseeing projects related to data entry and maintenance.
- Occasionally help staff activities and events of a small Advancement shop (Homecoming, Founders Day, etc.)
Gift Processing and Stewardship:
- Process approximately $10 million in gifts, securities, in-kind gifts, deferred gifts and pledges annually using Ellucian Datatel Colleague Advancement data systems.
- Daily process gifts and pledges including those made by check, via online and other credit cards, electronic fund transfer, payroll deduction, etc.
- Ensure proper gift/pledge documentation is provided, scanned and digitally filed.
- Interface with Advancement Staff and Business Office to develop fund accounts as needed.
- Maintain accuracy of giving records for all donors.
- Produce and distribute all gift receipts.
- Facilitate gift acknowledgment template process through Communications Module.
- Produce daily gift reports and submit gifts to the Business Office for deposit.
- Interact with donors as needed and assist them with questions regarding their gifts and / or pledges.
- Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with all Advancement Office staff to ensure timely processing and stewardship of pledges and gifts to Millsaps.
- Produce and distribute regular pledge reminders in cooperation with fundraising staff.
- Administer matching gift program including tracking, submitting, and filing forms.
- Produce regular and ad hoc gift reports including but not limited to:
- Daily gift reports to Advancement staff
- Monthly gift reports to Advancement staff and designation reports to college departments
- Account reconciliations as needed
- Campaign updates as needed
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of CASE (Council for Advancement and Support of Education) Management Reporting Standards, IRS substantiation regulations and FASB (Financial Accounting Standard Board) standards. Work closely with Advancement Staff to maintain proper procedures and ensure Millsaps is in compliance with standards.
- Develop and maintain gift processing operations and standards manual.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, or an equivalent mix of education and experience
- Accounting, banking or financial background with customer service skills are complementary to this position.
- Experience with donor or customer databases OR ability to learn and apply skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office XP, particularly Word and Excel.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and adapt to varying technological environments.
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving, organizational and time management skills with ability to handle concurrent tasks which are time sensitive.
- Proven accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment.
- Highly ethical with ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to maintain open working relationships and interact successfully with a broad sector of people in the internal and external community of Millsaps.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Manual dexterity needed for keyboarding and other repetitive tasks.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 15 pounds without assistance.
Interested candidates should email a copy of their resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Millsaps College is a selective institution of higher education located on 100 beautiful acres in the heart of Jackson, the capital of Mississippi — a progressive southern metropolitan city of nearly half a million. Millsaps is dedicated to academic excellence, open inquiry and free expression, the exploration of faith to inform vocation and the innovative shaping of the social, economic and cultural progress of the region. The college was founded in 1890 by members of the Methodist Church and is consistently ranked as one of the best values in higher education.
Millsaps has an enrollment of approximately 750 students and employs 80 full-time faculty members. The faculty/student ratio at Millsaps is 1:9, and the average class size is 14. Millsaps has graduated 25 Fulbright Award recipients, seven Rhodes Scholars, six Goldwater Scholars and two Truman Scholars. Millsaps is a member of the NCAA Division III and Southern Athletic Association and competes in 18 intercollegiate sports.
Millsaps College values diversity within our students, faculty and staff, and strives to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people. Millsaps College does not discriminate in employment on the bases of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and/or local laws.
All offers of employment will be contingent on successful completion of a background check and verification of employment. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Millsaps College provides a competitive benefits package.
It is the policy of Millsaps College to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities for employment. If you require any accommodations to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information about Millsaps College please visit Millsaps.edu