The Electronic Communication Specialist, reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Enrollment, supports all aspects of the electronic communications process for the Millsaps Admission Office. The major area of responsibility includes maintaining and creating all aspects of the communication workflow using Slate CRM Software. Equally important is the reporting and data analytics that must be reported quickly and efficiently.
- Manage face-to face communication, workflow coordination, creation of templates and forms, validation and distribution of electronic communication for our freshman, transfer, and international prospects, inquiries and applicants.
- Create, manage and maintain all electronic and hard copy communications as needed.
- Review and approve all mailings requested from other Slate users to ensure Millsaps College is being represented professionally.
- Maintenance and data clean-up of all prospect and inquiry data imported into Slate CRM.
- Maintaining and monitoring user access for Slate CRM.
- Facilitate training efforts individually and/or group sessions on database and device functionality for immediate team members and other College staff.
- Identify and recommend best practice security standards for workflow and data exchange.
- Lead for creating hard copy paid files and coordinate with the Associate Director of Enrollment Services.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining sufficient office/coffee bar supplies.
- Assists with creating AP Vouchers for department and assist with monitoring the department budget for the Assistant Vice President of Enrollment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral and technological), able to work in team environments and individually.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, creative problem-solver who takes initiative.
- Ability to participate in professional face-to-face, written, and virtual communication and training with department administrators, staff, other personnel, hardware/software vendors, technical support staff, and the college community in general.
- Superb time management skills and able to coordinate multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and adapt to varying technological environments.
- Able to assist in determining technical problems in person or over the phone and use independent judgment and professional principles to create a best-fit solution.
- Experience assisting in designing and maintaining software deployments and implementations.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred or demonstrated experience.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Manual dexterity needed for keyboarding and other repetitive tasks.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 15 pounds at times.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Interested candidates should email a letter of interest and a copy of their resume to Tammy.Champion@millsaps.edu. No phone calls please.
Millsaps College values diversity within our students, faculty and staff, and strives to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people. Millsaps College does not discriminate in employment on the bases of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and/or local laws.
A background check will be conducted for finalist candidates. Employment is contingent upon completion of a successful background check and establishment of identity and verification of employment eligibility as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Millsaps College provides a competitive benefits package.
It is the policy of Millsaps College to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities for employment. If you require any accommodations to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
Compliance with Title IX
In compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Millsaps College does not discriminate against any employee, applicant for employment, student or applicant for admission on the basis of sex. Policies and procedures for addressing complaints of discrimination and harassment can be found at https://www.millsaps.edu/resources/title-ix. Reports can be made to the Title IX Team by filing a sexual misconduct or Title IX complaint at this link: https://www.millsaps.edu/resources/title-ix/#file-complaint. Inquiries related to the application of Title IX at Millsaps should be referred to the college’s Title IX team (contact information is found here: https://www.millsaps.edu/resources/title-ix/#coordinators) and external inquires can be made to the Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights (OCR), U.S. Department of Education 400 Maryland Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20202-1100 (800) 421-3481, http://www.ed.gov/ocr.
About Millsaps College
Millsaps is an accredited, privately supported, national liberal arts college founded by members of the Methodist Church in 1890. Consistently ranked as one of the best values in higher education, Millsaps has been praised by Colleges That Change Lives, The Princeton Review, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance Magazine, the John Templeton Foundation, The Fiske Guide to Colleges and Insight Magazine.
Millsaps College’s Vision
Building on its motto, Ad Excellentiam, its strong heritage of social justice, freedom of thought and reflection on life’s most important questions, and its central location in the capital city of Mississippi, Millsaps engages students in a transformative learning and leadership experience that results in personal and intellectual growth, commitment to good citizenship in our global society and a desire to succeed and make a difference in every community they touch.
Millsaps College’s Mission
Millsaps College is dedicated to academic excellence, open inquiry and free expression, the exploration of faith to inform vocation and the innovative shaping of the social, economic and cultural progress of our region.