The Else School of Management at Millsaps College requires a professional, energetic, and focused program coordinator to support and expand its executive and continuing education offerings. This position will report to the Director of Executive & Continuing Education and be primarily responsible for the following: attending and providing customer service and support for all Executive Education events, recruiting participants, event coordination, promotion of programs, and administration of programs including custom and open enrollment offerings in Executive & Continuing Education as well as for the Executive MBA. This position also supports alumni outreach events each year. Opportunities are available for experienced candidates to develop and implement additional open enrollment courses.
This is a full-time position that requires flexibility. Many of the Executive & Continuing Education events occur outside of the regular work week.
- Provide support to Director in planning, hosting, and coordination of the Executive & Continuing Education program and its activities.
- Serve as professional representative of the College and Executive Education in classes, events, and programs.
- Event coordination for Executive Education programs, including making hotel accommodations, providing food and drinks for training programs, monitoring events. Responds to instructor and/or participant issues as needed.
- In consultation with Director, performs promotional & coordination activities for Executive & Continuing Education programs including email and other outreach for targeted audiences.
- Administration for Executive & Continuing Education programs, to include: ensuring that events are posted on website and on registration sites, monitoring open enrollment course registration and providing materials to participants.
- Receives and processes payments ensuring appropriate program designation and enrollment. Responds to enrollee and confirms enrollment.
- Assists with orientation, programs, and graduation receptions: secures space and sets up reservations, orders supplies and refreshments, and attends events, providing support to the Director and attendees as needed.
- Responds to routine program inquiries and requests for information, demonstrating enthusiasm for program and course offerings.
- Supports in developing, promoting, implementing, and assessing certain open enrollment programs offered by the Else School.
- Coordinates and implements alumni outreach.
- Provides administrative support for the EMBA, including supervising student support on weekends, maintaining learning management system for students, arranging for the purchase and delivery of materials, and collecting assessments after each course.
- Daily review and distribution of phone calls and emails, responding in a timely manner and escalating concerns as needed.
- Prepares and analyzes various data to inform conclusions and support decision-making activities in support of department and division strategic goals.
- Actively participates in special projects and innovative development of office processes and software enhancements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent professionalism, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Extensive knowledge of office administration, clerical procedures, and recordkeeping systems.
- Highly motivated, entrepreneurial professional with ties to the local community.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little oversight.
- Team player.
- Outgoing and customer-service oriented.
- Ability to identify priorities and schedule workflow.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends.
- Experience in professional training, event coordination, and/or promotion is preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelors Degree at a minimum required.
Interested candidates must submit their cover letter and accompanying resume to: Ms. LeAnne Brewer, Director of Executive & Continuing Education at Millsaps College, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Program Coordinator for Executive Education in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Millsaps College values diversity within our students, faculty and staff, and strives to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people. Millsaps College does not discriminate in employment on the bases of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and/or local laws.
A background check will be conducted for finalist candidates. Employment is contingent upon completion of a successful background check and establishment of identity and verification of employment eligibility as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Millsaps College provides a competitive benefits package.
It is the policy of Millsaps College to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities for employment. If you require any accommodations to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
Compliance with Title IX
In compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Millsaps College does not discriminate against any employee, applicant for employment, student or applicant for admission on the basis of sex. Policies and procedures for addressing complaints of discrimination and harassment can be found at https://www.millsaps.edu/resources/title-ix. Reports can be made to the Title IX Team by filing a sexual misconduct or Title IX complaint at this link: https://www.millsaps.edu/resources/title-ix/#file-complaint. Inquiries related to the application of Title IX at Millsaps should be referred to the college’s Title IX team (contact information is found here: https://www.millsaps.edu/resources/title-ix/#coordinators) and external inquires can be made to the Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights (OCR), U.S. Department of Education 400 Maryland Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20202-1100 (800) 421-3481, http://www.ed.gov/ocr.
About Millsaps College
Millsaps is an accredited, privately supported, national liberal arts college founded by members of the Methodist Church in 1890. Consistently ranked as one of the best values in higher education, Millsaps has been praised by Colleges That Change Lives, The Princeton Review, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance Magazine, the John Templeton Foundation, The Fiske Guide to Colleges and Insight Magazine.
Millsaps College’s Vision
Building on its motto, Ad Excellentiam, its strong heritage of social justice, freedom of thought and reflection on life’s most important questions, and its central location in the capital city of Mississippi, Millsaps engages students in a transformative learning and leadership experience that results in personal and intellectual growth, commitment to good citizenship in our global society and a desire to succeed and make a difference in every community they touch.
Millsaps College’s Mission
Millsaps College is dedicated to academic excellence, open inquiry and free expression, the exploration of faith to inform vocation and the innovative shaping of the social, economic and cultural progress of our region.