Unless specifically enrolled in a payment plan, full payment of the student account balance should be submitted by July 31st for the fall semester and December 18th for the spring semester. To determine when your classes begin, please refer to the College academic calendar. Students who have registered for classes will be notified via campus email of their registration status. Any student with an incomplete registration status must contact the Business Office Student Account Services, 601.974.1100 or 1.800.352.1050, ext. 1100.
Two-Day Registration Changes
At the beginning of each term, the first Monday and Tuesday of the first week, adding and dropping of courses takes place in person and on paper in the Office of Records. If a student never followed the official registration procedures listed above for any classes and waits until after this Tuesday to complete official registration, they will be charged a $50 late fee for officially registering for classes outside of the normal registration period. For more information about the late fee, see the Business Office Student Account Services, 601.974.1100 or 1.800.352.1050, ext. 1100.
The last day to add and drop courses for a term is 8 days after the term’s start. For Spring 2019, this date is January 24, 2019.
After the 8th day, students must withdraw from courses and will receive a “W” on their transcript. They must also pay a $30 schedule change fee for changes made after the 8th day. For more information about the fee, see the Business Office Student Account Services, 601.974.1100 or 1.800.352.1050, ext. 1100. There are also last dates to withdraw from courses. The last date to withdraw from any Spring 2019 course is March 27, 2019.
Summer Registration Process
Summer registration occurs in the Office of Records, not online via Major Access. The official process occurs in late April. For Summer 2019, it is April 22-23, 2019, however students can continue to register for courses until the session’s start date.
Students do not need to meet with their advisors to register for Summer sessions. Students will visit the Office of Records in Academic Complex room 142 for registration, and then go directly to the Business Office in Academic Complex room 144 for payment. Students should bring their college ID. For summer tuition prices, see the Business Office, Student Account Services.
Tips to Ensure Complete Registration Status
- Student has enrolled in desired classes with the Office of Records.
- Student has completed and returned all financial aid documents by the required deadlines for processing.
- In order for an Alternative or Parent Plus Loan to be included as part of your payment for the upcoming semester, the Office of Financial Aid must have received a guarantee from the lender prior to the beginning of the term.
- Required Business Office forms have been completed and returned.
- Payment arrangements should be finalized and payment received in the Business Office by the term due date.
- If you are on a payment plan, all payments must be current and all miscellaneous charges must be paid in full.
- For information on payment arrangements, please refer to Payment Options.
- Click here to make an online payment.
- If your plans have changed and you will not be returning to Millsaps College for the upcoming semester, please notify the Office of Records at 601.974.1120.
- As the start of each term approaches, our College offices receive an increasing volume of calls. To avoid unnecessary delays in response time, we encourage you to contact the appropriate office as soon as possible with questions or comments regarding a particular matter. Thank you.